The client needed an easy to access and fully automated tool that would help them understand the impacts of price, marketing campaigns, and discount levels on their profits and sales numbers across all products.
- We developed and implemented dashboard reporting to automatically provide standard business focused metrics such as spend per household, average spend, basket size, etc. to a wide range of users, with filtering available by product, line of business, region, and store
- We applied regression techniques to the observed data to provide visualization of trends and generate insights
- We programmed the reporting tool to provide recommended best price ranges for each product based on past weeks performance and conditions (price, quantity sold, and profit)
Fulcrum developed and implemented specialized metrics via flexible and easy to use dashboard reports to optimize pricing and promotions.
The client was seeking to improve incremental customer spending through personalized product promotions delivered via email, as well as integrating delivery with digital coupons on loyalty cards, all while tracking user experience end to end -- from email delivery, to open, to click to add coupon/redemption.
- We built an offer bank of product-specific promotions to individuals based on prior purchase and cross sell optimization models we built
- We delivered a personalized set of promotions via email and built an interactive pop-up micro site to add promotions to the customer’s loyalty card in real time
- We developed online dashboard reporting on ROI and individual promotion performance
Fulcrum developed tools to formulate and offer granular, personalized offers based on product opportunities, a big data platform hosting the end-to-end of the process, and implemented testing to determine the optimal means to drive more trips, build bigger baskets, and yield higher margins.
A Retailer wanted to understand the attractiveness of their local markets and how they fare against market competition but faced the following challenges:
- Public data is available to answer these questions - but come from multiple sources and need aggregation
- Some data sources are extremely large and most have quality issues
- Manual analysis for any given store, branch, or collection of local markets is time consuming and prone to error
- Exploratory analysis requires technical expertise and access to data and computing resources - business users can't easily answer "what if" questions
- Fulcrum built an automated process to retrieve, clean, and combine dozens of distinct public datasets to create a master database of local market performance and demographic data for the entire US across 8 years of historical data
- We automated creation of detailed reports for the retailer and reduced the time needed to create a tailored presentation from weeks to minutes
- We built an interactive application to allow business users to explore the data and create custom charts to answer questions related to company performance
Fulcrum’s web application aggregates, normalizes, and allows instant visualization of massive public datasets for business analyst use.